Arduino and D

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 09:06:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 08:48:26 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> Is D wthout Phobos useful for IoT or should one stick with
> C,Lua, and MicroPython? Is IoT an opportunity for D or is it a
> false direction given D is an x86/x86_64 oriented programming
> language?

Using D for programming ARM Cortex-M 32-bit microcontrollers is
one of my primary interests for learning and contributing to D.

https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo

When 2.081 arrives at LDC, I'll hopefully get that demonstration
working with LDC.

-betterC is not necessary, but you have to be selective about
which features you use in D.  Some parts of Phobos could be used,
but they'd have to be selectively pulled out of  the source code.

Mike