Sealed classes - would you want them in D?

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Wed May 16 10:44:30 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 10:24:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Part of the problem with D's spec is that it's basically both
> trying to be a specification for the language and be a way to
> explain the language to the typical programmer, and those
> aren't really compatible goals. We really need to have anything
> intended to teach the language be separate from the spec..

The specification (the one available above under 'Documentation',
can be simply be 'annotated', and therefore serve more that just
'folks like compiler writers'.

Those who don't need the annotations, can just ignore the
annotations.

I'm not talking 'tutorials' here, just some extra, helpful
explanation.

The C# Programming Language, 4th Edition, by Anders Hejlsberg (et
al) is still one of my favourite all time books (because of the
mix of specification and expert annotations).