Sealed classes - would you want them in D? (v2)

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Thu May 17 04:01:11 UTC 2018

Can you provide even one anecdote where this would have been
useful and the workaround that has been suggested to you multiple
times (putting the type in its own module) wouldn't have worked
or would have caused other problems?

I mean, usually we need to do a cost/benefit analysis, and the
first part of that, the one that people generally do
instinctively, is try to describe the benefit. You seem to view
the benefit as self-evident, but we've told you many times that
it isn't self-evident to us, so you have more work to do if you
want to convince anyone.

If you just want to vent, though, you might say that explicitly.