Sealed classes - would you want them in D? (v2)

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Thu May 17 16:37:33 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 07:58:55 UTC, KingJoffrey wrote:
> Remember, the idea for discussion is about adding one single
> attribute 'sealed' to the class - the discussion is a lot less
> about 'how can we prevent having to add a this new attribute'.

It is normal, whenever someone suggests changing the language, to
talk about alternatives that don't involve changing the language.
We can't properly discuss how important a change is without going
through the existing ways to solve the problem.

If I proposed a change, or if Walter or Andrei did, we'd have the
same sorts of discussion.

Do you think you should be exempt?