Sealed classes - would you want them in D? (v2)

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Fri May 18 11:41:33 UTC 2018

On Friday, 18 May 2018 at 09:07:57 UTC, Dave Jones wrote:

> FFS you're so dramatic. First the world is ending because
> private doesnt work as you expected. Then D is utterly useless
> without the changes you want. Now we live in some dystopian
> nightmare where we are all slaves to the Dlang spec.
>
> [..dadadadadaaaaa...]

Thanks Dave.

You make my case  (i.e. The D community is too small, and
insufficiently diverse to discuss this any further.)

Except, that I'd add to that, that far too many are pretty
immature too.

Good luck with your dlang thing...18+ years old and still < 1000
programmers (perhaps a lot less). (and if you have more than one
class in a file, you have no more encapsulation - I love it).