Sealed classes - would you want them in D? (v2)

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Fri May 18 13:02:07 UTC 2018

On Friday, 18 May 2018 at 12:51:42 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Awesome, I love being on lists!

Well, just remember to vote *down* the dip then, cause if doesn't
get through, your quote be on my list of 'why OOP programmers
should not consider D' ;-)

> It happened to me too!
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/fbs28v$2ss6$1@digitalmars.com
>
> And then I learned how it worked and said "oh, ok, makes sense".

How can implicately breaking encapsulation make sense to an OOP
programmer?

How can 'I don't care about your defined interface, I'm gunna
bypass it' - make sense to an OOP programmer?

Let's be realistic here. The 'one class per module or it all
breaks down' model, just won't suit 'many' programmers.

> Hm.. I see you are still here arguing though. Interesting.

Well, some good ideas (much better than mine) somehow popped up.

So there's hope for D yet.