Benchmark Game

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sat May 19 01:44:36 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 01:15:10 UTC, RhyS wrote:
> More then worth the effort because its used a lot when
> discussions are ongoing regarding languages like Go, C, ... Its
> one of the best form of free advertisement.

D used to be there, but at some point was at the maintainer's
whim for no specific reason. Isaac has acknowledged the
arbitrariness of (t)his decision multiple times, and is usually
quick to add, "but you can host your own copy".

Of course this is only true in a very literal sense – our own
copy wouldn't get nearly the same exposure than his "official"
one. Still, it would be useful to have a page comparing optimized
D results with C/C++, as the Benchmarks Game still enjoys quite a
bit of popularity despite the maintainer's antics.

  — David