Sealed classes - would you want them in D? (v2)

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Sat May 19 09:10:32 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 08:32:28 UTC, Uknown wrote:

> I ported your example to Java. Surprisingly, it compiled and
> executed just fine:

All I see, is a class, with static members. How else would it
work?

This is the equivalent of my D example, in Java:

( it won't even compile.  phew!  )

--------------
public class test
{
     public static void main(String[] args)
     {
         Dog dog = new Dog();
         dog.noiseType = "meow";              // no way jose
         System.out.println(dog.makeNoise()); // phew! cause dogs
don't meow.

class Dog
{
     private String noiseType = "woof";