Override member variables

Gheorghe Gabriel knoppy273 at live.com
Sat May 19 18:09:56 UTC 2018

I've worked with a lot of programming languages and I've found
something interesting in Kotlin. You can override member
variables. Would you like to have this feature in D?

class Rectangle {
     int width = 0;
     int height = 0;
}

class Table : Rectangle {
     override int width = 10;
     override int height = 14;
}

In my opinion it's a more cleaner sintax and you don't need to
put them in constructors. When you look at the Table class
definition/documentation you see that it changes width and height
and their new default values. I am curious about your opinions. :)
And of course, you cannot override private members.