Error about constructor calls in loops/labels, but there are no loops and labels?

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sun May 20 03:13:12 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 02:53:10 UTC, KingJoffrey wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 00:05:39 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>>
>> As I understand it, in general, Walter is against doing ...
>
> All I ever hear, is walter walter walter....

While it's mildly refreshing that you found something new to talk
about, it would be nice if you found something productive to say.
You're merely complaining that a person who has spent about two
decades on D (for free), who has decades more experience with
compilers, who is the main contributor to the D compiler, and who
has a track record of being right a lot, is influential when it
comes to changes to the language.

This is social influence. Jonathan M Davis cited Walter's
previous complaint because we generally care what Walter thinks,
because we respect him. We won't always agree, but he usually has
a decent reason for holding a position regarding compilers and
programming languages.

If this bothers you, make your own language. You might not want
to design it yourself, lest you fall into the same trap. Maybe
you can find a committee? Or use a random number generator to
design it?