Ideas for students' summer projects

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:45:11 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 at 16:27:05 UTC, Eduard Staniloiu wrote:

> Let the brainstorming begin!

It might be useful for measuring D's progress if we had some kind
of stats about D updated on a daily basis.

This is the most useful page I know of at the moment:
https://auto-tester.puremagic.com/chart.ghtml?projectid=1

Some stats that would be nice to see:
   * Pull Requests per hour/day/week/month/year
   * PR reviews per hour/day/week/month/year
   * Stats about website (basically the kind of stuff you'd get
from google analytics dashboard)
   * Number of D repositories on Github/Bitbucket/whatever
   * Number of contributions to D repositories per
hour/day/week/month/year

Those are just things that popped into my head while writing this
post.  I'm sure someone invested in such a project could come up
with more useful stats.

We just want some data to measure progress (or lack thereof) so
we can inform where to allocate resources.

Mike