dlang feed, thunderbird

number putimalitze at gmx.de
Thu May 24 13:36:03 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 at 18:50:37 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> I don't think I'm using "feeds" with Thunderbird. Instead, I
> have an NNTP "account" in Thunderbird:
>
>   www.digitalmars.com
>   port: 119
>
> Once that account was added, I had "subscribed" to some of the
> newsgroups.

Thanks, that works much better, though i don't have links to the
web version of posts as i had previously.

How do the newsgroups match to the forum categories (on the left
here in the forum), or specifically, what is the newsgroup for
'general' for example?

> The source of the same message looks like this for me in
> Thunderbird:
>
>   From: =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli at yahoo.com>
>
> I did not set that manually; either Thunderbird or my Yahoo
> account (which is my default SMTP account) must have done it.
> As far as I know, that's the correct value.

I didn't even consider it could have indeed been caused on your
side, I thought maybe the forum software / feed generation was
flawed.

> > any ideas?
>
> Not here... :/
>
> Ali

It was already helpful, thanks! And I think the feed would work
again, since the validator doesn't show the parsing error anymore.