extend foreach to work on non-arrays

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 10:35:56 UTC 2018

On 5/25/18 12:31 AM, Neia Neutuladh wrote:

> I've first-hand experience with moderation on this forum: nothing
> public, at most a private email from Walter or Andrei.
>
> This does a terrible job of setting expectations of community behavior.
> It makes it look like there is no moderation at all. I have no idea
> whether the moderation I experienced was unique or standard -- do most
> people not even get a warning? If someone is rude to me, are they
> tolerated while I am rebuked?

There is a "flag" link on a post on the forum, if you click it, then a
message gets sent to an administrator who may or may not remove the
post. In this case, the response to this post was removed, proving
moderation does happen. I don't know what happens privately, as I've
never been warned.

The truth is, the forum is very lightly moderated. We are generally
pretty tolerant of legitimate conversation, even if it's peppered with
some salty language. In this case, I'd consider the conversation from
the IntegratedDimensions side to be pretty low quality.

> I hope that policy changes.

There is rudeness, which is tolerated to a certain degree, and then
there is nothing-but-ad-hominem abuse and harrassment, which describes
the previous post that I purposely did not quote.

The former is likely to get you nowhere, but isn't considered worthy of
removal IMO. The latter needs to be dealt with, and is usually done by
removing the post in question. It can result in banning as well.

And finally, there's spam, which generally gets you banned.

So while there's no formal policy, what happens is effective IMO.

-Steve