Draft for DIP concerning destroy is up.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:20:44 UTC 2018

On Friday, 25 May 2018 at 20:08:23 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/120
>
> Feedback would be very appreciated.

 From
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/PROCEDURE.md#development-stage:

"The DIP Repository is not the place for the initial development
of a DIP. The DIP Author(s) should develop the first draft of the
DIP in the newly forked repository. A completed first draft is
one that, if it were perfect and required no further revision,
would be ready to proceed through the entirety of the DIP process.

If community feedback is desired during the Development Stage,
the DIP Author(s) should announce in the D Forums that the DIP is
in development and ask for feedback, providing a link to the DIP
in the forked repository. Any pull request submitted to the DIP
Repository before the DIP is in a first draft state will be
rejected."

The DIP repository is not the place for draft development, but
for draft review. If there are a lot of comments during
development, it clutters up the review thread and makes it
difficult later to follow the draft review comments.

I'm going to close the PR for now and ask that all feedback
either be here or in the forked repository. When the DIP is ready
for draft review, then we can open it up again.

And for future reference, anyone intending to submit a DIP,
please make sure the draft is ready for review before submitting
a PR.

Thanks!