DIP 1012--Attributes--Preliminary Review Round 1

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 13:44:40 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 14:44:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> DIP 1012 is titled "Attributes".
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1012.md
>
> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should
> occur in this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET
> on August 10 (3:59 AM GMT August 11), or when I make a post
> declaring it complete.

I don't know what's happening with this DIP, but I've recently
encountered a real-world problem for which there is no palatable
workaround that this DIP would likely solve:

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2184#pullrequestreview-120643123

My attempts to workaround the issue I posted at
https://forum.dlang.org/post/uhgzgmowqcczczrdtsol@forum.dlang.org

That PR may be useful for motivating this DIP.

Mike