Remember the Vasa! by Bjarne Stroustrup

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Tue May 29 05:29:00 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 03:56:05 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> It seems C++ is following the road of PL/I, which is growing
> language way beyond the point anyone can understand or
> implement all of it.

A key line from this paper

>  We now have about 150 cooks; that’s not a good way to get a
> tasty and balanced meal.

I don't think Bjarne is against adding feature to C++, or even
constantly adding feature
he even admits to support some of the features he mention in his
list

I think he is worried about
1. the huge number of features being targeted at once
2. the features coming from different independent teams, making
them less likely to be coherent

This is very different from "lets not grow C++ ever"

D need to add features constantly, but coherently, D is very far
from having 150 cooks
I wish D had that many cooks :)