Remember the Vasa! by Bjarne Stroustrup

bpr brogoff at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:25:25 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 11:31:53 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 05:11:27 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> D is probably at the edge of what I can tollerate
>> complexity-wise. And we’ll get to simplify a few things soon I
>> believe.

What are the things that you think will be simplified? I thought
that D had some of the same issues about breaking backward
compatibility that C++ had.

> Within D, there is a bit smaller and cleaner language
> struggling to get out!

Ha, one of my favorite Stroustrup quotes about C++!

One of the reasons I like the betterC switch is that it does
simplify the language, perhaps too much, but preserves some of
the best parts of D, like metaprogramming and modules.