Default function parameters of other function parameters

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Thu Nov 1 11:05:04 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 1 November 2018 at 10:33:14 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 November 2018 at 06:55:02 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 13:09:05 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>>
>>> Just so you know, this isn't a traditional forum, it's a web
>>> interface to the mailing list. Therefore I don't think it
>>> will be accepted.
>>
>> Why wouldn’t it be accepted? It’s just markup. People read
>> back ticks in their code all the time, so it’s no problem to
>> read it in mail. The forum can decide to format it however it
>> likes, maybe even make code snippets runnable.
>
> I'm not saying I'm opposed, just that my impression from
> previous discussions is that there is a preference to keep
> things as plain text, and I don't want someone spending time on
> something that doesn't go anywhere.

I thought I had seen a post from Vladimir where he considered
adding support for markup, but maybe I misremember. There is this
older post
https://forum.dlang.org/post/invscqkyjhkrxpcqqscn@beta.forum.dlang.org talking about issues with this. Maybe solutions can be found for all of these, like user preference or a "raw" button, but it does require thought and possibly convincing.