Strange implicit conversion integers on concatenation

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Nov 5 21:49:32 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 November 2018 at 21:11:27 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> I don't know how reasonable it is to fix it at this point, much
> as I would love to see it fixed.

It's hard for me to see how it would be reasonable to not fix it.
This is one of those ugly parts of the language that need to be
evolved out of the language. If there's a reason to support this,
it should be done with a compiler switch. I'm pretty sure that
this was one of the weird things that hit me when I started with
the language, it was frustrating, and it didn't make a good
impression.