Strange implicit conversion integers on concatenation

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Tue Nov 6 02:47:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, 05 Nov 2018 15:14:08 -0700, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> It really comes down to what code would break due to the change, how
> that code breakage could be mitigated, what the transition process would
> look like, and how Walter views the issue at this point.

Get a patch and I can make dubautotester run on it to see what breaks.

I originally intended to use it to determine which patches we could safely
backport in order to construct more stable DMDFE versions without vastly
increasing the amount of human work. Like, we get a patch against master;
try to apply it against 2.080.1 and see if it (a) still works (b) compiles
everything that 2.080.1 did (c) doesn't compile anything that 2.080.1
didn't.

Automatically apply it to the next patch version if all that passes.
Automatically apply the patch to the next minor version if only (c) fails.
Make a report for human intervention. Or something like that. The main
issue is that it takes a *lot* of time to run these tests, so more than
one patch per day would require me to set up parallelism and upgrade the
build box.

Evaluating the effects of a proposal like this is pretty similar.