Faster linker

bennygui bennygui at nowhere.com
Fri Nov 9 01:04:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am compiling a small vibe.d project with dmd via dub. The
linker takes most of the time when invoking "dub build" (total:
11 seconds). I've tried compiling with gdc and it's the same (11
seconds). With ldc, it's faster (6 seconds).

I did not time anything except "dub build" but I get the feeling
that dmd compiles much faster but is slowed down by the linker
and that ldc takes longer to compile but has a faster linker.

Is there any way to get faster link time? I'm on Linux (Gentoo).

Thanks!