Faster linker

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Fri Nov 9 13:28:42 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 12:19:43 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 03:47:09 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 02:47:38 UTC, bennygui wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, LDC has the -linker=gold flag, that you can use to pass a
>> different linker to your C compiler. Try it with lld, it's the
>> fastest of all the linkers.
>
> lld mostly produces crashing binaries for me on Linux.

I find that hard to believe, considering Android is switching to
it:

"LLD is now available for testing. AOSP is in the process of
switching to using LLD by default and the NDK will follow
(timeline unknown). Test LLD in your app by passing -fuse-ld=lld
when linking."
https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/wiki/Changelog-r18

It may still have bugs though, maybe you can report your problems.

LDC comes with lld built in, available through the
`-link-internally` flag that kinke added.