Accessible Programming

Cym13 cpicard at openmailbox.org
Sat Nov 10 20:09:16 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 04:04:39 UTC, Chris Katko wrote:
> On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 21:10:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18414562
>>
>> It's a great read, full of ideas and impaired people writing
>> about what works for them.
>
> lul @ the number of people who say LISP and S-impressions
> (coincidentally their favorite language!) is somehow easier to
> read for the visually impaired.
>
> I personally love reading

> with my less-than-ideal eyes.

I suppose it's because since most punctuation is parentheses you
don't rely on what the punctuation is as much as how the code is
laid out, and although I'm not visually impaired myself I could
see why indentation is easier to grasp than determining which
kind of specific symbol was used at a very specific place.