http://www.graalvm.org

Laeeth Isharc Laeeth at laeeth.com
Mon Nov 12 02:20:41 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 at 23:16:53 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 April 2018 at 15:13:18 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
>> "GraalVM is a universal virtual machine for running
>> applications written in JavaScript, Python 3, Ruby, R,
>> JVM-based languages like Java, Scala, Kotlin, and LLVM-based
>> languages such as C and C++."
>>
>> They use a special protocol to make data access from different
>> languages transparent and very low cost. Perhaps worth an
>> experiment to see if D can benefit of it.
>
> I think there's an option so that LLVM bitcode can be used on
> it. So conceivably, you could compile with LDC to LLVM bitcode
> and then run that on Graal.

In case anyone wondered.

It works with betterC mode using dpp to translate polyglot.h.  I
guess I need to build druntime and Phobos bitcode libraries.

A higher level wrapper around polyglot wouldn't be so much work.

One more thing.  This makes it pretty easy to compile Java
libraries as native code libraries that you could link to from D.
  Not everything will work because of reflection and dynamic class
be quite useful for D.