It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:33:45 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 17:33:27 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> [snip]
>
> The solution is cursors -- a "range" of a single element, which
> points at that element. You can iterate it just like a range
> (it has front, popFront, and empty), but it's used basically to
> mark the location you are interested in.
>
> dcollections used cursors, which I found much nicer. [snip]

I always thought the cursor approach you've discussed before was
interesting, but I never played around with it much myself.

It looks to me like your cursor implementation operates similar
to Optional types (as in the optional package). Does that make
sense?