It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Wed Nov 14 21:14:54 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 18:47:22 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 17:08:20 UTC, sepiasisy wrote:
>> What bugs me is the shortening distance regarding what D has
>> to offer with respect to C++.
>
> I doubt the shortening distance. While C++ does advance and D
> isn't moving as fast as it was at 2010 (I think), I still
> believe C++ isn't the faster evolver of the two. When the next
> C++ standard comes out, D has improved too. Examples of what
> might be there by then:

Me, C++ reminds me more and more of the Borg from Star Trek NG.
Resistance is futile; your features will be assimilated. And
assimilitated it will, in a big pile of ducts and things going
everywhere, ugly as hell and with no apparent logical purpose.
Having also the aura of invincibility but defeated in every time
by a small glitch that noone, the least the collective itself,
foresaw because of the weight of the complexity.

Sorry for that not quite professional jab, but that's what it
reminds me.