It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

lagfra me at fragal.eu
Wed Nov 14 22:25:21 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 19:39:42 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> DPP already helps I think.  As does dstep.  Don't forget also
> the work to get STL types into druntime.

I agree. In my opinion, an issue with DPP and related work is that
they are difficult to follow outside of the D community. Most of
the time this forum is the only source of information regarding
the language.

It's not that I don't follow what goes on in this forum (I check
almost daily), yet I don't know what is the current progress on
DPP
(or newCTFE).

> If one can use in future D,C,C++, Python,C#,Java libraries from
> D in a pleasant enough way that would be okay, wouldn't it ?
>
> Remaining questions are stability, quality and tooling.  First
> two are already a lot better and I guess will be pretty good in
> time?  I don't know on the tooling how much it might cost or
> how it would be accomplished.

Pretty much agree.