It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

NoMoreBugs NoMoreBugs at NoMoreBugs.com
Sat Nov 17 07:58:58 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 17 November 2018 at 07:05:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Talk is cheap for a bystander who can just idly point out all
> of your flaws yet without lifting a finger himself.

This is a really awful statement.

I recall Walter getting offended by something recently, but this
is far worse.

What you are essentially saying, is that the people who seem like
'new users', that have been involved in this discussion, are just
'bystanders unwilling to lift a finger', and perhaps even all one
person creating lots of fake accounts?

First, a user is someone who spends their time learning to use
and understand D.

That is time, take from their life, which cannot be taken back.

So just calling them 'bystanders' because they might not be
involved in PR's is really offensive - but is pretty typical of
what 'new users' have to experience on these forums.

Second, having read back over all the post in this thread, I see
no evidence at all, of sockpuppeting. What is the basis for your
wild accusation? New users expressing their opinion - or ones
that you don't like?

If anyone has ruined this discussion, it was you, with your post.