It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Fri Nov 23 15:57:27 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 November 2018 at 15:48:13 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 10:25:57 +0000, Joakim wrote:
>> Why hasn't ruby/rails, Rust, or Nim gotten backing from big
>> players yet?
>
> Mozilla's 2016 revenue was half a billion dollars. I would
> certainly hope that's big enough ot count as a big player.

Sociomantic was over $100 million in revenue in 2013 before they
got bought, according to this 2014 press release:

"Sociomantic Labs GmbH... employs more than 200 professionals in
16 offices worldwide with over $100 million in revenue in 2013"
https://www.dunnhumby.com/dunnhumby-acquires-sociomantic-revolutionise-digital-advertising

So do we already have a big player backing D? ;) Of course, both
are tiny compared to google or Apple, who're backing Go and Swift.