It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 23 23:56:31 UTC 2018

On 11/23/2018 4:59 AM, Chris wrote:
> Then there was the whole issue of ARM. Walter said he had no experience with it
> and kinda didn't care either,
Actually, a person in the D community was working for a couple years on an ARM
back end, but he eventually lost interest and it was abandoned.

Building a backend is something usually teams of people work on exclusively.
It's a little unfair to expect me to do one spending an hour or so a day on it.
I can't order someone to work on it, I can't hire someone to work on it.

It had to wait until someone both competent and self-motivated stepped up to do it.