It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:46:02 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 November 2018 at 15:19:26 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I don't understand how things are prioritized in D.

Oh thats very easy. They dont. Not really. Well there are
Wish list
https://wiki.dlang.org/Wish_list
Vision documents
https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2018H1

But most people ignore them and work on what they want to work
on. They scratch their own itch so to speak and if you try to
force them to do something else they wont work at all. If you
could figure out a way to make people work for free and on things
that we want that be great.

> Basic and important things seem to be at the bottom of the list
> (XML parser)
there was attempt on rewriting xml module but it never crossed
finish line. Its from Aug 22, 2016
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4741

> The scarce resources you have are not used wisely in my opinion.

Ok try for a month to control contributors on open source project
then lecture us on how to manage resources. I will wait here to
laugh at your failure.