It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Nov 24 17:09:08 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 04:46:02PM +0000, welkam via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 November 2018 at 15:19:26 UTC, Chris wrote:
[...]
> > Basic and important things seem to be at the bottom of the list (XML
> > parser)
> there was attempt on rewriting xml module but it never crossed finish
> line.  Its from Aug 22, 2016
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4741
[...]

Actually, if you're interested in XML, you should check out Jonathan
Davis' dxml module:

> Documentation: http://jmdavisprog.com/docs/dxml/0.2.0/
> Github: https://github.com/jmdavis/dxml/tree/v0.2.0
> Dub: http://code.dlang.org/packages/dxml

It doesn't handle DTDs due to design constraints, but if you can live
with that, it should work much better than std.xml.

(I'm hoping Jonathan pushes for this to be merged into Phobos, as it's
far superior to std.xml IMO. But that has yet to happen.)

I am a consultant. My job is to make your job redundant. -- Mr Tom