It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Nov 25 16:29:07 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 25 November 2018 at 14:20:25 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:

> Just a shame we don't really have the money to throw at a team
> to do libraries like this. To give people the options they need
> to both fit with D and with their external requirements (like
> specs).

Thing is, there is already a team of good developers willing to
volunteer their time. What would be different, and would cause
the work to get done if it were paid out of limited funds, is
that there would be a decision made to do X, Y, and Z, and when
it was done, it would become part of D. The current system is "go
ahead and do something and if we like it we might ask you to make
a bunch of changes and in a few years there's a small chance
it'll get accepted." Lack of money is not the problem.