Windows AutoTester get VS2017?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Nov 27 11:06:02 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 at 04:52:54 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> Then lets go with Appveyor then. It should be pretty easy to
> copy across  the dmd appveyor.{sh,yml} to druntime, change the
> VS versions and dependent paths and dyke out anything thats not
> really necessary (e.g. testing/building phobos). I'd do this
> ,but I don't have VS2017 and someone else would have to
> review/merge it.

I added druntime to AppVeyor, s.t. appveyor config is all that's
needed and AppVeyor should be run as soon as there's an
appveyor.yml

However, you might want to use a different account (or pay for
more concurrent agents) as AppVeyor can already get quite slow on
dmd. Alternatively, we could start migrating the builds to
Buildkite Windows agents, but that's a long-term project and
requires someone with Windows skills.

> I wonder what compiler versions the buildkite agents run? Could
> possibly use those to test linux.

e.g.

> gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.10) 5.4.0 20160609

(on all agents from Martin)

gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516

(on my agents)