Clojure and Pull Request Controversy

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Nov 28 14:25:11 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 00:12:15 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> The issue of prioritization of reviewing PRs, etc, perennially
> comes up and has done so again recently:
>
> https://digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/It_is_the_year_2020_why_should_I_use_learn_D_321380.html#N321572
>
> It seems we're not the only group struggling with this issue.
> Food for thought, and some controversy:
>
> https://gist.github.com/richhickey/1563cddea1002958f96e7ba9519972d9
>
> https://gist.github.com/halgari/c17f378718cbd2fd82324002133ef678#gistcomment-2768338

I saw this, but I do think their situation is somewhat different,
at least based on my Clojure usage around maybe 2011-2013.

Their development model seemed to be more like SQLite, where
they'll call you if they want you to contribute, but they don't
really ever call because they want to do it themselves. The D
development model is AFAICT to get as many contributions from as
many people as possible.