Go 2, here we come!

JN 666total at wp.pl
Thu Nov 29 21:55:03 UTC 2018

https://blog.golang.org/go2-here-we-come

"At GopherCon 2017, Russ Cox officially started the thought
process on the next big version of Go with his talk The Future of
Go (blog post). We have called this future language informally Go
2, even though we understand now that it will arrive in
incremental steps rather than with a big bang and a single major
release. Still, Go 2 is a useful moniker, if only to have a way
to talk about that future language, so let’s keep using it for
now."

Might be interesting to see how Go implements new language
features and how they deal with limiting breakage of existing
code.