Clojure and Pull Request Controversy

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:22:04 UTC 2018

On Friday, 30 November 2018 at 00:31:55 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> I think adding a version like `Phobos_NoAutodecode` so it could
> be tested with https://git.ikeran.org/dhasenan/dubautotester
> and people can opt in to it..

Please don't! This will likely cause some third-party libraries
to rely on the switch, while some still rely on autodecoding,
making them incompatible!

On the other hand, if we can find a way to similarily mark a
single module to not autodecode while others still could, then
it's a brilliant idea.

Otherwise, I quess we just have to plain deprectate using char
arrays as ranges at all, or leave the whole thing as is.