Yet another binding generator (WIP)

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:25:10 UTC 2018

On Monday, 1 October 2018 at 15:35:30 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 1 October 2018 at 13:51:10 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Early access program is now live!
>> Limited offer!
>> Preorder until 12.31.2017 BC and you will receive* unique pet
>> - "Cute Space Hamster"!
>> !!
>> *(Limited quantity in stock)
>>
>> [...]
>
> How does it compare to dstep?

To be honest I don't know. Also dstep is written in D and using
only 'stable' clang C API, right?
This tool is based on full 'unstable' C++ API, so in theory it is
possible to do broader range of features, such as template
substitution for wrapper generating (or just writting .cpp file
for compiler to generate actual code).
If you asking about actual C/C++ support I have no idea, also
dstep is probably can do Objective-C as well (but not this tool),
and on average at this moment dstep probably has better C support.

Recently there is also "dpp" showed up, it also seems to do same
C API approach as dstep, probably has little-to-none C++ support,
might be wrong though. Oh wait, no Windows? nice... But if you
only ever do linux stuff and C only then it probably even better
choice.

There is also Calypso (which I assume won't work on Windows as
well), that probably should just work with anything you throw in.
But this approach has one small downside - no autocompletion and
syntax checking.