DIP 1014

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 06:05:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 11:00 PM Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> @Manu, @Jonathan M Davis
>
> > GNU's std::string implementation stores an interior pointer! >_<
>
> it's not just GNU's std::string ; it can crop up in other places, see
> https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso/issues/70 in opencv (cv:: MatStep)

Sure. Certainly, it shows up in C++ fairly often... but I'm working on
the STL containers, and I didn't think there were any implementations
that did that (because inefficient use of space), but turns out the
GNU implementation bent me over, at least as far as I've encountered
yet.
It's kinda got me stuck.