Farewell (of sorts)

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:32:03 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 13:15:23 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> First of all, I know I've had a shorter than usual fuse of
> late. I'd like to apologize to everyone about this. It is the
> culmination of quite a few things increasing the load I'm under.
>
> One of those things is this: October 14th will be my last day
> working for Weka.IO. Accordingly, my involvement in D will be
> considerably reduced after that date, as working with D will no
> longer be my day job.
>
> A few of you knew that I was looking for a new job, but I
> postponed officially announcing this, as I wanted to see who
> will be taking over maintenance of Mecca. On that front, I have
> some good news and some bad news.
>
> The bad news is that the person taking over will not have Mecca
> as his sole responsibility. I am hoping he'll be able to do
> enough.
>
> The good news is that they put on this task my top pick for it.
> His name is Eyal Lotem, and is a great developer. Some of you
> have met him as he attended DConf three years ago.
>
> I will probably keep half an eye on the forum, and I might also
> be around on the Slack channels. My email address will change
> as a result. Feel free to find me at firstname at lastname.biz,
> after applying the relevant substitutions. I think it's a
> better captcha than running D code :-)
>
> Shachar

Please do keep around if you can. I hope to have some good news
regarding D processes (the wetware kind) soon.

I do hope you get to keep your job title wherever you go next,
its the best I've ever seen :)

So long and thanks for all the laughs, Chief Court Jester

Nic