Help needed for D support in SCons on Windows

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Sun Oct 7 10:51:44 UTC 2018

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 06:51:10 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:

> It turns out there are a number problems with the SCons tests running on
> Windows, many of them associated with the D support.
>
> https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/3205
>
> As you will see I am choosing not to get involved in anything to do with
> Windows. The D support in SCons on Windows does though need some work,
> and so SCons needs some people to get involved – due to enlightened
> self-interest.

I don't use SCons, but took a quick look; my current guess is that the
problem is the chocolatey installation of dmd and the rest in AppVeyor;
chocolatey doesn't install DMD in %SYSTEMROOT% and I don't know if the
path updates take effect without restarting the shell (my own PC is too
polluted to test this locally).

Using SCons.Debug.Trace just crashes with "ValueError: I/O operation on
closed file.", writing both to stdout and a file, so I haven't been able
to test anything.

--Ryan