DUB??

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.com
Mon Oct 8 06:34:11 UTC 2018

On Monday, 8 October 2018 at 05:23:33 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 October 2018 at 20:27:07 UTC, Basile B wrote:
>> On Saturday, 6 October 2018 at 19:07:48 UTC, steven kladitis
>> wrote:

>>> When you go to dlang.org
>>> then at top click on packages
>>> you will see 1.9.0 as current.
>>> type -> dub -< in search and you see problem.
>>> I do not see on this DB page a download for 1.11.X .
>>> this has been true for a long time.
>>> on the web pages  I click on from dlang.org
>>> that takes me to https://code.dlang.org/download.
>>
>> Let's be concise. Click on this
>> https://code.dlang.org/search?q=dub to get the error.
>
> Will the search function ever be fixed on code.dlang.org?

This issue is known:
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/issues/341

And I made a PR fixing it:
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/pull/383

Sadly, even if I update it and it gets merged and deployed, it
won't fix the problem completely. Problem is much deeper in the
vibe-d's mongodb driver.

What actually happens is mongodb driver throws an exception when
there are too many entries returned for the query. This isn't
because of memory allocation problems or anything like that -
with my pagination PR it still throws on page #14 or so though
every page has just 25 packages.