Passing $ as a function argument

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Oct 11 13:05:08 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 at 00:01:27 UTC, James Japherson
wrote:

> I don't understand why you need to be convinced that this is
> relevant.
>
> Do you not realize that there are cases where one wants to
> select the last element of a list without having to explicitly
> know it?

It's fine if you want to have a discussion about this feature,
but if you're serious about changing the language, you will not
only have to show that it is relevant (and important), but also
that you can't do it with existing language features. I'm not
being dismissive, just trying to save you some time by avoiding
the same pointless discussion I've seen over and over again.