You don't like GC? Do you?

JN 666total at wp.pl
Fri Oct 12 06:20:46 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 at 21:22:19 UTC, aberba wrote:
> When writing a throwaway script that I will only use a handful
> of times, optimising that code isn’t necessarily high on my
> priority list. The priority is to get it written, and get it
> running. That’s where the V8 (C++) engine that NodeJS is
> compiled into throws you a bone.

That is fine, if you want to position yourself as competition to
languages like Go, Java or C#. D wants to be a viable competition
to languages like C, C++ and Rust, as a result, there are
usecases where GC might not be enough. Also, the quoted part
mentions throwaway scripts, which D can be used for, but most
people would use Python or Node.JS like in the article instead.