A Friendly Challenge for D

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:11:59 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 14:32:33 UTC, welkam wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 09:22:16 UTC, Vijay Nayar wrote:
>>
>> I downloaded the reference NIM implementation and got the
>> latest nim compiler, but I received the following error:
>>   $ nim c --cc:gcc --d:release --threads:on twinprimes_ssoz.nim
>>   twinprimes_ssoz.nim(74, 11) Error: attempting to call
>> undeclared routine: 'sort'
>>
>> For a person not familiar with nim, what's the fastest way to
>> fix that?
>
> import algorithm
>
> thats all but then it spits out
>
> lib/nim/pure/algorithm.nim(144, 11) Error: interpretation
> requires too many iterations

I ran into the same problem as you did, and then followed the
instructions from the error.  I modified the compiler source and
increased the number of maximum iterations from 3_000_000 to
1_000_000_000, rebuilt and installed it, but still ran into the
exact same problem.  There may be something up with the algorithm
itself.