LDC2 compiling executable requiring elevated privileges?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:20:09 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 12:16:28 UTC, spikespaz wrote:
> I'm compiling an executable that does not need administrator
> privileges. For some reason though, LDC thinks it does and
> marks it as elevated.

This has nothing to do with ldc. It is just any 32 bit program
called setup.exe or install.exe is assumed to be an installer by
Windows, and thus triggers UAC unless you specifically tell it
not to.

More info (including how to override this default behavior):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20096706/how-does-windows-decide-whether-to-display-the-uac-prompt

Easiest way, of course, is to just not call it setup.exe