[OT] Is this a feature is any Linux terminal?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Oct 14 23:28:04 UTC 2018

Was just thinking about this: I've often liked the idea of having a
terminal emulator built-into my code editor, so it could auto-highlight
errors/etc and do jump-to-line on ANY variation of build command,
without having to set up a custom build tool in the editor for "the is
the exact command to build my project". (Yes, Iknow that full IDEs...and
even many editors support jump-to-line, but they generally don't support
running arbitrary modifications of commands without manually setting up
ahead of time a very specific instance of a command).

But it just occurred to me: There's no reason any ordinary terminal
emulator couldn't be written to do the same thing. A setting for a
custom regex to look for, another setting for a command to run when the
line is clicked on. That should be about it. The user's editor would
have to support some kind of "editor --jump-to..." feature, but aside
from that...well, why the heck not?

The terminal emulator I've been using (Konsole) doesn't appear to have
anything like that, AFAICT. But I'm not really married to Konsole.
Anyone know of another terminal with a feature like this?