D Binding to GUI libraries [was Interesting Observation from JAXLondon]

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Sat Oct 20 23:38:30 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 20 October 2018 at 22:19:48 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 October 2018 at 16:37:07 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> On Saturday, 20 October 2018 at 10:28:47 UTC, Gregor Mückl
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> It turns out that translating C++ is *hard*. Partly because
>> the language is huge and complicated, but also partly because
>> libclang isn't all it's cracked up to be. But... dpp is
>> probably a few full work days away from being to #include
>> <vector>. Hopefully with the translation actually working.
>>
>> [...]
>
> There this pull request https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8787
> but apparently Manu is burn out from working on it

I don't want to judge, but I need to point out that we have
managed to make this discussion progress from outward-facing
marketing to technical difficulties and related pull requests.
This is not bad, but it is also a perfect example of how
inward-facing the community can be and that is a part of what
started this thread.