D Binding to GUI libraries [was Interesting Observation from JAXLondon]

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Oct 21 10:54:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-20 11:25, Russel Winder wrote:

> GtkD works very well for me. But I guess GTK+ has a reputation of not
> working on Windows and macOS. Once a reputation is established it is
> nigh on impossible to refute.

As has been stated elsewhere, it's working on Windows and macOS but
looks very alien on macOS. When I was in school I wrote a program using
C# (Mono) and GTK on macOS. GTK seemed to be the best alternative (for
using with Mono) back then. During the development of that program a
beta or alpha version of GTK was released with support for a native main
menu on macOS, the rest was non-native. Not sure how it looks like now.

--
/Jacob Carlborg