D alternative for node.js's socket.IO?

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sun Oct 21 21:42:36 UTC 2018

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:58:23 +0000, Fleel wrote:
> Can std.socket provide a realtime connection between the client(web
> browser) and the server, like for a chatroom or realtime multiplayer
> game?

Yes, but it will be a bit of work -- you'd need to implement a webserver
by hand that can upgrade an HTTP request to a websocket. It probably
wouldn't be *that* hard, but vibe.d already has support for both HTTP
servers and websockets.

This does mean changing the javascript code, but from what I saw last time
I used it, socket.io provides little advantage over plain websockets.